D-Lab is the result of a group of volunteers, local architects, and craftspeople who got together to transform a disused council building into a hub for innovation.
As a community interest company all of our profits go into maintaining our facilities, and as such we rely heavily on donations, membership, and volunteers.
D-Lab is unlike any other co-working environment or makerspace. We’re a community interest company, meaning that profits from our desk rentals and memberships are returned into the community – enabling us to run innovative outreach programs curated and taught by our own versatile pool of industry leaders and members. Our aim is to support local business, freelancers, and young people with the space, tools, training, and opportunities they need to become local leaders in the creative sector.
What we offer:
- Affordable desk rental for local creative freelancers and start-ups.
- A fully equipped community-powered maker space with cutting edge equipment available to all.
- Educational programs covering architecture, programming, graphic design, robotics, and more.
- An outreach program encouraging school children to explore emerging creative, digital, and STE(A)M careers.
- Mentorship, support, and networking for new businesses.
- Kids’ clubs, employment assistance, mentoring, and more.