I am delighted to share with you details of the inaugural National Manufacturing Day (NMD) which will take place on Thursday 7 July 2022. The initiative is being led by the trade body Make UK, and the whole sector are invited to participate. It will be a national celebration of UK manufacturing and a chance to raise the profile of the sector.
The idea is that manufacturers open your doors to local communities, media and officials, giving people the chance to see manufacturing at its best, and to think about future careers.
Your local Jobcentre Centre Plus is keen to work with contact Julie.email@example.com.
This is an opportunity for you – UK Manufacturers – to showcase the sector, raise your profile in the local community and build relationships with schools, youth organisations and job centres – the skills pipeline of the future.
A few ways you can get involved:
- You can sign up to take part here: nationalmanufacturingday.org.
- Encourage your peers and supply chains to sign up to take part.
- Make a plan for the open day including tours, demonstrations, Q & As with your team members.
- Sharing social media posts #NMD2022.
- Sharing the educational resources with any schools, youth groups, charities, and organisations in your area.
- Write to your MP to invite them to visit.
- Send a press release to your local papers, radio, regional broadcast.
For more information, please email the Make UK team firstname.lastname@example.org
Published on: March 15, 2022