At Indigo Tree, a number of our team are still working from the comforts of their own home and on Friday 1st October, we’ll be supporting Age UK Dacorum’s ‘Slip into Slippers’ campaign by inviting the team, whether home or office-based, to wear their comfy slippers for our team meeting, to raise money for this very important cause.
As a business, one of our core values is ‘inclusivity’, which drives us to design and build websites that are accessible to people of all ages and abilities, to ensure that everybody has the same online experience. We’re also a great supporter of local charities and are proud to help Age UK Dacorum to highlight the needs of older people and raise vital funds to support their services.
What is Slip into Slippers?
Slip into Slippers Age UK Dacorum’s Autumn Campaign where they ask everyone, including businesses schools and clubs, to get involved and wear their comfy slippers for a day – in return for a £1 donation to Age UK Dacorum. The chosen day for this campaign is Friday 1st October, because that is United Nations International Day of Older Persons [this the 31st year for this day], and thus the hope is for our communities to come together and celebrate the privilege of aging.
An opportunity to:
- reflect and challenge outdated stereotypes and negative attitudes towards older people
- acknowledge and respect the contribution older people have made and continue to make in our communities
- value all generations and demonstrate consideration and kindness across all generations
- support the work of our charity, raising vital funds to enable us to continue our help to local older people
- Above all – to have a comfy footwear day and perhaps a bit of fun!
On this day, with your help, Age UK Dacorum can highlight the needs of older people and also raise vital funds to support our services, in which we strive to meet some of those needs. Our range of services support older people to live independently and safely in their own home, which is where most people wish to be as they grow older and we provide opportunities to take part in social activities* and meet friends. Loneliness is a growing concern particularly in older age and has a significant impact on health and wellbeing.
Published on: September 7, 2021