Putting the right protection in place
About this event
Death and tax are often described as the only two certainties in life which can lead to them both arriving at the same time.
Planning for the future is essential and addressing complex issues such as inheritance tax and wills is something most of us avoid.
In this free webinar, experts from Machins Solicitors and Fidelium Financial Planners will be providing professional, practical and easy to understand guidance on how to protect your family and your assets helping you to make an informed decision on ensuring future financial protection. The webinar will address:-
How to get to grips with inheritance tax
- Understand the basics of inheritance tax (nil rate band, lifetime gifting, allowances and thresholds)
- Discuss practical options available for lifetime planning and putting future financial and legal protection in place
The importance of making a will
- Why making (or updating) your will is the foundation of your IHT plan and the key to ensuring your family, children, grandchildren and loved ones are protected after your death
- What allowances and reliefs are available to you
- When things go wrong – potential impact of not having a will in place
Taking action – steps you can start to take now!
- Estate planning and three well known ways to reduce your IHT liability
- Three lesser known IHT opportunities; trusts, pensions and charities
- What is business property (and agricultural property) relief? Why is it important and who is it appropriate for?
The presentation will run from 10am -10.45am followed by a short Q&A session for anyone wishing to ask questions.
About our speakers
Nicki Denton-Masih and Jonathan King, Private Client Solicitors at Machins Solicitors will discuss the importance of preparing a will, inheritance tax (IHT) and estate planning.
Rebecca Nkoane, Independent Financial Adviser at Fidelium Financial Planners Ltd will provide guidance on key financial planning strategies to help reduce your IHT liability, ensuring your loved ones receive the maximum possible benefit.
About the organisers
Machins Solicitors is one of the leading firms of solicitors in Bedfordshire, and Hertfordshire and has offices in both Luton and Berkhamsted. We recognise the need to establish a proper relationship with our clients which allows us to understand your individual requirements and to give effective practical advice in an understandable, cost effective way. Machins Solicitors provides specialist advice and assistance both for businesses and individuals.
Fidelium Financial Planners are a “boutique” firm of wealth managers & financial planners who are committed to excellence. Our close and experienced team has different and complementary skills. We have extensive knowledge of pension & investments, portfolio construction, trustee investments.
Published on: June 1, 2021