We know that young people couldn’t be facing a more difficult start to their working lives. We also know that significantly more people are searching for apprenticeships than this time last year on Hertfordshire Opportunities Portal (HOP), with a huge surge of interest over the past couple of months.
Over 400 registered for the partnership virtual Apprenticeships, Work, Earn and Learn event this morning, demonstrating that there is a real demand for apprenticeships in Hertfordshire. Our work on skills and employment continues to receive widespread validation with Apprenticeships Minister Gillian Keegan scheduled to address an employer-focussed Unlocking Potential though Apprenticeships panel virtual event for Hertfordshire on Wednesday.
In response to this huge demand and the marked national downward trend in apprenticeship starts and vacancies since the onset of COVID-19, Hertfordshire LEP will be launching the Hertfordshire Supports Apprenticeships campaign in April. The attached strategy sets out how they plan to engage with:
- Young people and individuals
- Schools, colleges, parents and carers
To mark National Apprenticeship Week, Hertfordhsire LEP are launching this short animation ‘Hertfordshire Supports Apprenticeships’ to showcase how apprenticeships can help local businesses grow and become resilient.
The campaign will send out a clear message that Hertfordshire supports apprenticeships and traineeships and, in so doing, will help to:
- Deliver a resident workforce fit for the future;
- Raise the skills and productivity levels of those already in work;
- Showcase the resilience of apprentices and employers during COVID-19.
This animation is the first of a suite of campaign assets coming soon, and will demonstrate that:
- Apprenticeships and traineeships still make good business sense;
- There are financial incentives and initiatives available; and
- Hiring an apprentice in Hertfordshire is easy – we can guide you through the process.
Watch this short animation and find out why #HertfordshireSupportsApprenticeships:
Published on: February 9, 2021