Active Dacorum is delighted to be working in partnership with The Chatty Café Scheme to offer Virtual Chatty Cafes for anyone (18+) in Dacorum who would like to have a chatter and a natter with others to brighten their day!
The Chatty Café Scheme was started to help bring people together and our Virtual Chatty Cafes will be run weekly by a member of the Chatty Café Team on Zoom. These are a relaxed and informal way to chat and connect with others in the area, which in turn reduces loneliness and supports wellbeing. There will be weekly sessions for anyone aged 18+ and one specifically for 18-30 year olds. Anyone who would like to join the Chatty Cafes can email Jenny at The Chatty Café Scheme for the Zoom link. If anyone needs help with using Zoom, Jenny can also assist.
Online Chatty Café for anyone over 18 years old
The Virtual Chatty Café:-
- 30 minutes easy chat each week – we talk about anything!
- See if you feel better after a chat and seeing some new faces
- Hear how others are coping in lockdown in your town
- If you haven’t used Zoom before don’t worry, please just email firstname.lastname@example.org and we can arrange a practice with you.
- Email email@example.com for the zoom link
“The Chatty Café has helped me feel part of a community, so important when we are being told to stay at home”
There will be two online Chatty Cafes each week for Dacorum residents, currently running from February – April:
- Every Monday starting 15th February, 1-1.30pm – Chatty Café for all adults (18+)
- Every Wednesday starting 17th February, 1-1.30pm – A Chatty Café for younger adults, ages 18-30 years.
Please share information about the Chatty Café with your contacts and networks, and with anyone who might like to join a Chatty Cafe to meet other people in the area.
Look out for information on our Active Dacorum Facebook and Twitter pages and help spread the word! I have also attached images that you can use for your own posts/media. You can also find information on our Active Dacorum webpage.
Published on: February 16, 2021